Saturday, April 5, 2014

Awesome Parenting 101: Box Slide

My dad is great at making things fun for kids, anything. He has this ability to bring the fun and adventure to everything. When we visit him at work the rolling coat rack becomes a boat and he steers the girls around. He gives them rides in the wheelchair that they keep there (I may have gotten a ride on the wheelchair as well). I love that about my dad and I try to emulate that technique to make the mundane a little more fun. Enter the box slide. I know this is an age old tradition, but this was our first time and it was a hit.

First I used a big old box that we were waiting to drop at recycling. I flattened it out and let the girls play on it for a little while.
box slide

Next I put it onto the stairs and set the girls up top.
box slide

Instant fun
box slide

box slide

This morning, after some pancakes, it was time for a final run. Eric stood up top to hold the cardboard in place and I stayed on the bottom and handed the girls back up the stairs to him, this worked well.

box slide

box slide

box slide

When we retired the slide it became a bird's nest, a canvas, a tunnel...boxes are versatile I tell you.

3 comments:

Marie Roxanne said...

Sounds like fun, I bet the dogs wanted to try it out too? LOL

Mom said...

As tall as Sam is, he was down before he got started!

On my way Home... said...

Haha! Awesome! I saw this on Pinterest... and I'm tempted to try it on our full flight of stairs... we'll see though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...